Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the picture the muffler end caps look like they are bolted on. Would it be possible to unbolt the end caps, shorten the muffler sleeve and then reassenble it? Is anyone familiar with this type of muffler construction?

It will be a while before an aftermarket muffler is available so I thought this might be a cheap alternative.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think you may be surprissed on how quickly a replacement slipon will be available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hear the Muffler has the Catalytic converter in addition to the baffling.
This would account for it's enormous size. The FJR's have the Cats upstream of the Mufflers. Good news for the C-14 is a simple bolt on muffler will save allot of weight and increase flow a great deal. Look for many after market replacements, Dale Walker made some nice (read quiet) mufflers for the FJR.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd be willing to bet we'll see some aftermarket mufflers available by Christmas. I'll ask around the pits at Leguna Seca Grand Prix in July if anyone's got one coming out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Muffler

Yoshimura pride themselves on getting their pipes out first on new models...especially with Suzuki so I hope they are quick to design something a little more unobtrusive for the GTR1400.:banghead

·
Registered
215 Posts
End Cap

I just removed the end cap off my original muffler 3 allen screws until an after market one becomes available looks a tad better

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two Bros Slip on

I just noticed Two Bros have a slip on muffler in both Titanium and Carbon for around $500 US. If I could get this thing to post attchements I'd show you guys.:rant

·
Registered
379 Posts
Its strange that Two Brothers have made some pretty UGLY looking pipes and on the 14 GTR that one actually looks very nice and it goes with the bike to.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just saw the dyno chart for the Two brothers pipe makes an extra 5 hp and 3ftlbs of torque.:nana

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just saw the dyno chart for the Two brothers pipe makes an extra 5 hp and 3ftlbs of torque.:nana
Holeshot pipe will make close to 10 based on preliminary assessment of the restrictive can and collector...well, at least mine will.:nana :nana

·
Registered
59 Posts
I almost had my buddy at his fab shop do exactly that. A bulldog mod, cut it in half, gut the inside and stuff a 2 1/2 core with glass packing and weld it back shut. I'm sure it would sound pretty evil.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting. Stock it is 16 more than both the FJR and the K1200GT, the 2 nearest competitors in the class, which both make 127 at the rear wheel. That is pretty healthy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the look of the two bros cans as well, but how does a person go about finding out what they sound like before buying? The C14 is soooo quiet it almost sounds electric. I want some noise but how do you tell?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Holeshot Slipon Prototype Delivered

I picked my Connie up today from Dale Walker "Holeshot" with the prototype slip on. It's totally friggin awesome. Sounds and looks great. I can't post pics since it's a unfinished prototype. I get to to play with it for a week to give him some feedback on it. low-midrange has improved considerably. I really really love it!

:crazyloco

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the look of the two bros cans as well, but how does a person go about finding out what they sound like before buying? The C14 is soooo quiet it almost sounds electric. I want some noise but how do you tell?
Yes, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has fitted one of the Two Brother mufflers. Personally I only like the Carbon Fibre look but am more concerned about how noisy its going to make it.

I have a mate whose just ordered one for a Fireblade. I'll be looking/listening closely to his before I make my mind up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts