Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new gtr yesterday and very impressed with the build quality and appreciate the time and effort put into the design of this bike,except one thing ! The seat although very comfortable the covering looks very poor. When I originally saw the bike at the N.E.C last year the seat was the same colour but had been sown together as two seperate pieces with a jion between pillion and rider.My seat is the same two tone colour but is all in one peice macking it look like it was just painted in the factory.I have just found picks of the bike at a show on this site and the seat is the same as the bike at the N.E.C. Why did they cut corners after doing a fantastic job and then give us a seat that looks like it just came out of a jelly mold ?. Still, a marvelous ride though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As i've said on another post, not a great lover of the standard seat, find its causes numb bumb syndrome after about an hour so intend to replace it, question is should I go for the official gel seat when released or get something from the likes of corbin, decisions decisions lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've only done 900 miles but from my point of view (the rider) the seat seems fine. However my wife now really hates the pillion seat. This problem appears to be that the whilst the seat is quite long its very sculptured and the rear has a large lip. These conmbined causes the pilion to slide forward in to the dip. My wife likes to sit right at the back with [lpenty of space between her and the rider. Only solution I can see is to have the seat recovered and built up slightly at the rear .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I say my only problem is the seat covering. I recommend as a cheap relacement a guy called Tony Archer in Huddersfield. I had a Pan european last year and did'nt like that seat either. He recovered the deat with piping to match the color of the bike and replaced the foam with better and charged me only £80.00. Absolute bargain. This guy has a little workshop of his own and does seats all day long. You wont find a cheaper alternative and he does a proffesional job. You can post the seat to him or take it over. I haven't got his number at hand but when I heard of him I found his number on the net by searching under his name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts