Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the real story? I have read sooooo much information on this topic with no real flat out answe so if someone would kindly ponder on the subject of an 07zx10r and an 07gsxr1000 stock for stock! Thanks!

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
As much as I hate to say it the GSXR is a better bike. Turns better, brakes better, a little more power. But on the street there wont be a big noticeable difference. It's the track and twisties that show the difference.

·
Registered
218 Posts
both bikes far exceed the capabilities of the typical rider... so honestly if your comparing a 600 vs 600 of the same year or a 1000 vs 1000 of the same year its pretty much going to come down to the rider in most cases.

now ask the most important question.... Which one looks better :evil

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
both bikes far exceed the capabilities of the typical rider... so honestly if your comparing a 600 vs 600 of the same year or a 1000 vs 1000 of the same year its pretty much going to come down to the rider
+1x

Its a drivers/riders race.

But at the end of the day,the Kawasaki ofcourse is always the better bike:evil

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Haha.Ill admit,im biased towards it.

"Kawasaki or nothing"

·
Registered
69 Posts
take both for a ride and see what 1 u like both are great bikes cant go wrong either way.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
the issue i've always heard about with gsxrs is that they have very rough and clunky clutches. that's about all i know, i've never ridden anything other than my zx

·
16,062 Posts
an 07zx10r and an 07gsxr1000 stock for stock!
a 1000 vs 1000 of the same year its pretty much going to come down to the rider.
+1

The bike that's more comfortable and fits you better, is the better bike,.....
for YOU.
HP numbers on paper that are practically identical between the bikes, is for bragging and bench racing and don't mean dick on the track.

·
Registered
257 Posts
+1

The bike that's more comfortable and fits you better, is the better bike,.....
for YOU.
HP numbers on paper that are practically identical between the bikes, is for bragging and bench racing and don't mean dick on the track.
So what you're saying is that hp numbers don't determine coolness? I have been grossly misinformed.

·
16,062 Posts
So what you're saying is that hp numbers don't determine coolness? I have been grossly misinformed.
Not necessarily.
If you have more HP than everyone else (even if it's 1 more), you are the coolest on the internets.
I'm considering buying a ZX14, full exhaust, PC, maybe even a turbo and then having it tuned about 6 times, so I can post the dyno numbers on the internets and win.
Someone on a 250 would probably lap me at a track, but that's not important.
As long as I have at least 3 more HP than anyone else on these forums.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I passed a whole bunch of people in a turn on a 500. Right after they were talking about how they love "flying through turns" and were talking shit about how slow it was.

So... if it's not for track use... test ride and buy the one that is more comfortable. Which one is "best" on the street is 100% up to the rider's preference.

This being a kawi forum really isn't the place to ask. Most of us will tell you to buy the kawi.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Both bikes are great, I've ridden them extensively on the street but not on the track. To me it's about ergonomics. What has the best fit and feel. They are very close in my opinion but I love my 10R and absolutely love my Gixx 750 too and could live with a Gixx 1000 any day, all day.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
:dunno

only ridden my ninja and my buddies yamaha... which i read more good things about yamaha than suzuki, but i hated the aggressive seating on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
:dunno

only ridden my ninja and my buddies yamaha... which i read more good things about yamaha than suzuki, but i hated the aggressive seating on it.
if it was a newer r6 they have one of the most aggressive seating positions of almost any factory street bike... it really helps at the track though... the street.... not so much lol

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
it was a leftover 09 he got for cheap. When i ride with him you can tell the difference in our position just when cruising.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the zx10 currently and do not have a problem at all with it. I like the bike, plenty fast enough, just big bro lil bro type thing and I REFUSE to let him have a faster bike. I sat on an 06 zook before I bought my 10 last year but never rode it. I wish now that I would have test drove the zook just to see. I had a zx6 before my 10 and loved it! That is why I stepped up to the kawi 10 not the zook or yami. CBR burns more oil than gas so thats not even an option. My buddy rides a R1 and I dont like it at all really and my 10 will eat him up all day long! I have just seen and herd about the gsxr's beating the 10s and that CANT happen!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts