Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen this cowl? Im trying to figure out what the exact color is. Long story short, I emailed the seller on ebay about the color and asked if it was candy lime green (i have a 2011). They replied "yes", so I bought it. The color looks a little off (more like the regular lime green from the 09 monster edition). I brought this to the sellers attention and they are not exactly sure what the color is. The cowl will be here wednesday so Ill have to wait and see but Id like to gather some info about it anyway.

The part number is k51001-250. I called kawasaki and they said it was a discontinued part and didnt have any info besides that it was green and black lol

I just want to know if its the same candy lime green color that was used in 09 and 11.

Pic is here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...gename=ADME:L:OU:US:1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
That is for sure not a candy lime green, that's for sure. The CLG is pearl-like, darker, and kind of metallic. That looks like the traditional kawi lime green, which also varies slightly from year to year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Yea i agree, it does look lighter in color.

Does anyone know if the 2009 and 2011 share the exact same candy lime green color? If you check color rites website, it lists the 09 and 11 as both being "candy lime green" and both use the same base coat and top coat.

Ive never seen a 09 green in person to compare

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If colorrite lists them as the same, they are. I have never seen any other shade of candy lime green on a kawi, other than that kickass, expensive metallic dark-ish green.

The one in the auction isn't even remotely similar to the candy color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Yeah, which is not candy lime green.

Maybe I am missing something, but this seems pretty obvious. The ebay link is this:

And candy lime green is this:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so thats what the lime green monster edition color looks like.

looks like ill be returning this cowl then. damn

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I'm at a loss as to why you couldn't tell the difference lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pictures and lighting can be funny. plus the seller said it was candy lime green at first before i bought it. then after i bought it they said it was just lime green

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Google did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts