Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I hope you're all happy and healthy. My bike starts up and has always made a "supercharger" whine at all revs. Comes from the crankcase... I have a video, can anyone possibly begin to point me and my mechanic in the right direction? He hasn't started diagnosis but just reading up on similar issues online, does this sound like a balance shaft?

Video here

Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pretty desperate...

I also just read this which is making me pissed off and sweating. From Z1 Forums.

I JUST DID THE STARTER CLUTCH with a fresh one and a clean proper install!

Are there any insights at all fellas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
This sounds like your balance shaft is way to tight.
Start her up till warm, loosen the bolt and release till its starts to rattle a bit.then back till it just stops rattling but not so much that its starts to whine.

Skickat från min moto g(7) via Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
And the starter clucth can make a whine when you press the button and the starter looses its engange(Kinda slips).
Often happen when they are worn and your engine is hotter than normal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh hey! Good to hear from you again! I don't have to split the case for that, right? I can just access it by taking off the clutch cover right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you sir!
No you do this without removing anything.you see in the picture behind the banjofitting.release the bolt under.then use a flat screwdriver to adjust
Also the shaft seal on these tend to leak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend, once again you have enlightened me to solutions I didn't even know existed! I will try this tomorrow first thing after work, and hopefully (if it turns out to be the solution) I will upload another vid.

Thanks again, you the real MVP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts