Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what kind of gps are you guys running? Does it work well with the vibrations of the 14? Are they water, vibration,sand/dust and direct sunlight proof?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Had 3 Garmins.
no problems. The zumo models are motorcycle specific.
Biggest issue is the screen washing out in direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
I use a trusty GOOFPM (Good Ole-Fashioned Paper Map) If I wanted something telling me where to turn and how to drive, I'd take the wife along.:evil

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
The Garmin Nuvi is not motorcycle specific, the Zumo is because it is water proof and vibration proof. The Zumo is considerably more expensive.

This is my Zumo 550 mount

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
YUP, the 550 is bulletproof.
The other zumos are newer, but the 550 maybe the one with the least issues.

You can use a Nuvi and mount it inside an Ram Aquabox for waterproofing

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
The Garmin Nuvi is not motorcycle specific, the Zumo is because it is water proof and vibration proof. The Zumo is considerably more expensive.

This is my Zumo 550 mount
Nope, Nuvi isn't made for a bike. Lowest price I could find for a Zumo without a mount is $600.:scared
My entire set up was less than $100.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Amazon has some of the best prices for Garmins.
You can find them elsewhere a little cheaper sometimes, but the Amazon return policies and their customer service cannot be beat.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-3-5-Inch-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Navigator/dp/B0035JERXY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336671373&sr=1-2[/ame]

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for all the comments and replies fellas, all was helpful. After a lilttle research, I can use my phone, I downloaded a good gps app that reads up to 260 mph, I also found a mounting system for it as well, has anyone heard of ChargerCity Original Mega Grip Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts