Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bit the hook on a Akrapovic slip-on. I have done a huge ammount of research and sounds like a better investment would be in a GPR Stabilizer. I ran into tons of horror stories that made me decide to order one. Tankslappers are somehting I never want to experience. Anyone on here have any headshake or tankslappers to tell about?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not yet, but it seems like that would be a very good investment as well.

I rode an '04 R6 equipped with a Scotts rotary style damper through NYC ( very shitty roads) and never got any head shake out of it.... almost bounced myself off the back of the damn bike, but the front end was rock solid.

Where'd you get the AKRA from? Going to put a PCIII on it now? Make sure to get some videos!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stabilizer are a good idea. my last bike ( 04 gsxr 600) had one. and it saved my ass a lot. the only thing that i do not like about my bike is that there is on Stabilizer. it is to lose. you well be able to hold your line a lot better with one. if you stunt it will save you to. i like the Hyperpro stabilzer. it is a top mount( like the ducatis have) and it will make it that your Clip-On will not hit you fame if you go down.( i have seen a 6r and a 10r with no stabilizer that have go down and ther clip-on have hit the frame) i wood love a Akrapovic slip-on but i will get the stabilizer befor a slip-on

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered both the Akrapovic and the GPR from indysuperbike.com Eventually I will get a PCIII. When that time comes I will order from fuelmotousa.com, but Ive spent enough for now. I planned on just going with the slip on but Im convinced that a stabilizer is a must have. Some of the roads around here suck ballz. I will post vids and pics when the goods arrive. Thanks for your feedback guys.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We looked for an Ohlins for the new 6R and was unable to find one. Most guys have been running those GPR's and they seem to be pretty good. I personally like the Ohlins because the steering damper is a piston-based unit which I prefer, but when I messed with a GPR on an 05 ZX-10R, on max settings - it was UNMOVABLE.

When you get your exhaust and damper in, post up pics and give us a full review, please.

·
Registered
75 Posts
smoke your fuck lucky man. the Akrapovic is bad ass. good work man

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fast_lcf said:
smoke your fuck lucky man. the Akrapovic is bad ass. good work man
I feel pretty lucky I got the bike. Got that Akra today. Not istalled yet, but it will be soon. Thanks fast_lcf

Pics and a video to come. Stay tuned

·
Registered
159 Posts
i had a tank slapper scared the crap out of me its like a dam rodeo glad i rode thru it ...when i got home order GPR rigth away ..it rains alot in here in seattle dam pot holes all over the place..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts