Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello guys, i just sold my CBR 600 fv and bought a zx9r F1p ...

had it serviced last week, everything was changed apart from rear brake pad ( changed: both tyres oil oil filter spark plugs cleaned air filter and other little bits)

i am having some issues with it though...

it keeps conking out when it is below 65 degrees... even on full choke - half choke - no choke

also it has developed a vibration as if one cylinder is not firing :( but it does not do this all the time

it has a loud ticking noise from the engine

the biek is standard and has 10k miles on the clock!

hope you guys know what this is!!

edit** - i cannot hold the revs :( keeps bouncing up and down

its also good to be here, chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
not starting could be the carb needs to be cleaned out as far as the clicking and vibrations not sure but i hade the same problem with it not starting at low temp and i just cleaned the carb out and it fired right up

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome Chris

Has it only started doing it since the service, if so make sure all the suppressor caps have been replaced properly & any pipes or hoses did not get pinched or kinked when the bike went back together.

Also check the inline filter to the carb heaters is clear, in case they are icing up. If the filter is clear make sure the thermostat is working properly, i.e. allowing the engine to warm up before it opens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will i have to take the petrol tank off in order to check these things?

i aint too good at mechanics but i know the insides and out of a polo g40 so i guess im a step there!thanks for your replies

just another Q:

can you roll your bikes in first gear without giving it any throttle?

when im in traffic i cant just let go of the clutch and have the bike roll along in 1st / 2nd

what do these carb heaters look like?

·
Registered
990 Posts
The carb heaters work by tapping hot water from the cooling system into the carb bodies. There is an inline filter before the pipe connects to the carbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,The ticking in your engine could be(whats it called)the camshaftchaintensioner,i had the same ticking and after a while the spring in the tensioner snapped and now im hoping my valves did not slam into my pistons,you should have it checked.
i believe its a known problem and alot of kawa's have the problem.
i opend up my engine to check if all is well,but now i will have to put the camshaft on the right timing but i dont know how but i will open a topic for it soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts