Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my zx10 yesterday going from a zx9r not quite sure how I feel about it. As far as the handling goes its light years apart but as for power the feeling the carbs gave versus the fuel injection well I dont know. Guess I'm just old school but wouldn't go backwards for nothing in the world though.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Congratz on the new bike.
The 2010 has the best of the 3rd generation 10R. Many improvements over the '08 model. A friend of mine has the same pipe you do. The sound is pretty awesome. It sounds like a Nascar stock car when it's idling. It is pretty loud at 10,000 rpm+, isn't it? You might get better performance with a different slip-on. Got any plans for a full system?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Thanks for the insight. We don't often hear one-to-one bike comparisons from impartial owners.

And congrats on the new ride!!

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I still think that gen looks nicer than the 2011+

Grats on the new bike!
+1
Still not sure how i feel about the 2011+.
Prefer the multi spoke wheels from the past 10R instead of the 2011+ 3 spoke wheels.2011+ doesnt have much of a tail fairing either.Just diff looking.

Thats an awesome 10R congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick answer to some question. The pipe is a hotbodies slash cut love the way it sounds but not my first choice. As for perfomance mods they will have to come after my suspension and brakes. Goals for the bike 1) Steel Braided brake lines. 2) Upgraded brake pads 3) Suspension Tuning 4) Ecu reflash 5) Power Commander 6) Whole lotta fun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts