Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but.....

Im looking to buy a nice cheap bike to start taking to the track and ive been cruising craigslist to see what I can find.

I came across a 1998 750 ZX7R with 13,000 miles on it. Its obviously had new front and tail fairings put on it because they dont match the rest of the bike. It also has what looks like an aftermarket muffler put on. Its very possible that this bike has seen the track before.

The seller is offering test rides, so I know it runs. Ive also seen it out and about in the streets(seller is located in my neighborhood), so I know that the seller is actually riding it.

Anyway, the asking price is $1,950. KBB values the bike at $2,500 when the bike is in perfect condition(which this bike is obviously not).

What do you guys think of the price and are there any suggestions on how I should go about negotiating with the seller.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Offer $1500 and go from there...

Big thing is tires, sprockets, chain. Engine and tranny should be fine and fairings can always be patched and painted.

Kicker for me would be dents in the tank.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
^Tank dents make me walk away every time, unless its a hell of a damn good deal and thats the only thing wrong with it. It would have to be a good few hundred short of what I think the bike is worth for me to replace the tank though.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
^tank dents make me walk away every time, unless its a hell of a damn good deal and thats the only thing wrong with it. It would have to be a good few hundred short of what i think the bike is worth for me to replace the tank though.
+1

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Cheap track bike?
Most people look to the Gixxer 600s.
There are lots of them around. Parts are plentiful and cheap.
You see a few R6es and Hondas too. They usually cost more. Not really that many Kawi track bikes. The seven makes a great track bike, but you may have an issue finding parts after those getoffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts