Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gold wheels..UPDATED w/ NEW Pics!

well i recent removed my wheels because its off season and planed to have them powder chrome gold to match my gold sato rear sets. but after finding out that it would cost nearly $700, i decided to have my rear sets sent to a paint shop and have them custom mix paint. then i had my dad paint them for me at the shop and here is a teaser of them.

ill post up more pics once they are on the bike. my bike is black by the way.

-james

·
Registered
990 Posts
Great colour

Some of the original shades Kawasaki use on wheels are a bit non-descript.

Gold is a great, classy colour :crazyloco

I'm planning to do the wheels on my old 1100 in gold too.

Look forward to pix of them on the bike....

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Nice ........... need something at the rear, up high, in gold, and it will look well finished IMO
even a logo

·
Registered
92 Posts
a buddy of mine whos a mechanic says that the powder coating process weakens the rims...just wondering if anyone else has knows anything about this?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I didn't think I was going to like it... But Dayammm... that looks awesome.

2nd to Green of course. LMAO

·
Registered
990 Posts
a buddy of mine whos a mechanic says that the powder coating process weakens the rims...just wondering if anyone else has knows anything about this?
I've heard they can warp as well if not done right.

Apparently if the powder coater is experienced with doing wheels they will do it right, so get references/recommendations first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the wheels are not powdercoated by the way. i was going to powder chrome the wheels to match the sato rear sets but it was going to be about $700. i decided to have a paint shop match the satos and have my dad spray my wheels. wheels were sanded down, then sprayed with 12 coats of paint and 4 coats clear.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts