Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 12 to Mike Velasco out in bremerton looking for a few extra hp's. Had a hindle and a stock motor with stock filter and pump gas. Rainy day and not to warm. Well my bike pumped out 185 hp and 105 lbs of torque.. :scared :clap Mike is a 35 year veteran of the tuning wars for all kinds of racers. The guy is a wizard, if you want to be dyno'd and you live in washington state... the brothers in bremerton is the place to make a appointment...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dyno cost

Sweet! I need to get up there with my 12 and see what she does?!
Could you pm me the cost for tuning time?
I got a show special at the shop. It cost me 300 bucks to hang the pipe put the powercommander on and dyno it... Mike Valasco is the coolest guy and even thou he hangs with the racers he still treats you like a person... it was a great experience... :clap

·
Registered
34 Posts
speaking of dyno's, i need to get my '05 on a dyno, i just installed a Muzzy carbon fiber pipe.

the peeps from Muzzy said not to put it on a dyno and that the map for the power commander that comes pre-loaded from Muzzy should work just fine.

well, i have to say i'm very happy with the setup but it does bog on the low end, so i'm interested to have it tuned by a pro.

does anybody know if a dyno will cook a carbon pipe like Muzzy says?

·
Registered
13 Posts
speaking of dyno's, i need to get my '05 on a dyno, i just installed a Muzzy carbon fiber pipe.

the peeps from Muzzy said not to put it on a dyno and that the map for the power commander that comes pre-loaded from Muzzy should work just fine.

well, i have to say i'm very happy with the setup but it does bog on the low end, so i'm interested to have it tuned by a pro.

does anybody know if a dyno will cook a carbon pipe like Muzzy says?
I have the map from the Muzzy site and it made it a lot smoother. Not sure if the dyno will cook the cf, but I don't think you'll ever get all of that low end hesitation tuned out. I've never heard of anyone with a Muzzy getting it tuned out completely. If you do, let me know. I'm having mine dyno'd in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if anyone can>>>>

If anyone can dyno a bike, Mike can... A lot of the local seattle race teams that are sponsored by shops that have their own dynos go to mike to have him do it... the guy is a friggin wizard and he can smooth it out the best it will ever be.....and if you call muzzy and tell them who is running the dyno, I think that they would say the same things I did....:clap

·
Registered
13 Posts
If anyone can dyno a bike, Mike can... A lot of the local seattle race teams that are sponsored by shops that have their own dynos go to mike to have him do it... the guy is a friggin wizard and he can smooth it out the best it will ever be.....and if you call muzzy and tell them who is running the dyno, I think that they would say the same things I did....:clap
Too bad I'm on the opposite coast. I'd love to have him give it a try. I love the look, sound and the added hp of the pipe, but the infamous hesitation in the lower power band is annoying at times.

Those are some awesome numbers by the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmmm.........
Might just have to get hold of Mr. Velasco for a map. I have a Muzzy full Ti system,Power Commander and the Muzzy map and am only showing 174.47hp/92.83lbs-ft. Was 102F that day and the dyno was at 3000ft above sea level.
Anyone got a # for Mr. Velasco?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts