Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Do you like the Trademark Kawasaki green?

• NO. I would never be seen driving a bike that colour...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I'm seriously considering the purchase of a 2008 ZX-10r in the infamous Kawasaki green...

It is in perfect condition with just 3,500 km, akra exhaust and sometasteful extras. The seller is asking just slightly more than the price of a nice condition GSX-R 750 (my original target)...

I love the bike, specs, sound etc...the only problem is the GREEN :scared...

So have you ever had second thoughts after buying your Kawi in the famous trademark colour? Is it possible that this colour grows on you?

Any particular weaknesses? What VIN numbers did have some sort of electrical recall please?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
If you don't like the color, it prob won't grow on you.
my '06 started out as Kawi green. A little mishap required some new bodywork. I stuck with green, but a different shade. The blue '08 was a smokin' deal.

It will cost you a thousand to get it professionally painted.
You might be able to find someone to swap plastics and tank with you. You may have some shipping costs with this.

You could install one of those race replica decal kits. The bike would still be mostly green, but there would be additional black and some speed parts logos in various colors.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I like the green but prefer almost all the other colors this particular model came in.

I bought the blue one.

You should check out the VIN on the kawasaki recall site here:

http://www.kawasaki.com/RecallSafetyInfo/Landing.aspx

It will tell you if the rectifier recall was complete or still needs to be done. The recall is free and only takes 30 minutes for the local kawasaki dealer to complete. No big deal.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I like the kawi green but given the choice of any color i probably wouldn't pick green but if i got a smoken deal on a green zx i would not be ashamed at all to ride it.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Whats wrong with green??

<----------

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
MMmmmmmm sexy

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Plus, you could always get a sticker/decal kit and just cover every part of the green up

:lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
both my Kawi's are green, I did paint my '05 white with green accents but that was because the previous owner painted it with a darker shade of green that I didn't like.

Honestly, I probably will always get a Kawasaki in green :crazyloco

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I honestly like the green but you won't win any ride of the month contest with it :rotflmao
I just need someone to run me over so I can rebuild it and win :lol

-knock on wood-

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I'm not crazy about the old green but I like the new lime green. The more i was working on my 6, the more green I wanted.
If i end up with the new 14, I would want the green one.
I don't think color would make me pass up on a bike that I wanted especially if it was a great deal. Color can be changed.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I just need someone to run me over so I can rebuild it and win :lol

-knock on wood-
I know some guys who live on the wrong side of the tracks who can hook you up :rotflmao

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all replies :smile!

I think I am slowly warming up to it, though as has been said a good decal set is always a possibility. I would not like to mess around painting an almost brand spanking new bike :eek:hno...

Knowing me, the first time I drive it I'll soon forget any issues about the colour scheme :rofl...

Thanks again guys!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Thanks for all replies :smile!

I think I am slowly warming up to it, though as has been said a good decal set is always a possibility. I would not like to mess around painting an almost brand spanking new bike :eek:hno...

Knowing me, the first time I drive it I'll soon forget any issues about the colour scheme :rofl...

Thanks again guys!
That's what happened to me. Honestly I wanted the white one that was for sale next to it. But once I sat on it I didn't even care. But now I like the green because I stand out in a crowd of bikes. Everyone is doing white paint schemes now, and of course the usual black, red and blues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's what happened to me. Honestly I wanted the white one that was for sale next to it. But once I sat on it I didn't even care. But now I like the green because I stand out in a crowd of bikes. Everyone is doing white paint schemes now, and of course the usual black, red and blues.
Exactly... The green ALWAYS sticks out of the crowd :crazyloco

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I have no problem with my trademarked green ninja.

You can always change the plastics if it really bothers you, but green is the fastest color KHI makes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts