Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my zx10 has been back at the dealer for 2 months now. i was told the oil pump went out on it. the guys in my club said that may have caused a lot of damage to the bike and should make them get me another engine. what do u guys think? the bike has about 2300 miles on it, bought it new and startin to get angry:angry ... cuz it has takin so long- and its still under warranty!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
demand a loaner at the least. ask them to check for engine damage.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
absolutely ridiculous, ya demand a loaner or a new motor, last option, threaten a lawsuit to the dealer and Kawasaki. good luck

·
Registered
184 Posts
The loaner is out of the question,they don't want to take a chance of you thrashing the loaner.Like they say nothing parties like a rental!
As far as 2 months in the shop,how long have you owned this bike?Sounds like the dealer is riding out your 12 month warranty and after 12 months it's on you.
Find you a good lawyer and demand return of the bike,with extended warranty guranteing that motor won't fail.
If the oil pump quits you can bet theres top end damage.If the pump isn't feeding the topside it's metal against metal.
Theres no way it would take 2 months to diagnois the motor and replace a faulty oil pump.They're milking you out of your warranty.And will return to you a doctored up motor that will last a few months and then puke-out on you and your warranty will be out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the bike august 10/06 and around the middle of may 07 is when it happend. i guess me and the my club went on about a 150 to 200 mile ride on day and that was the most miles i had ever put on it in 1 day. thanx for the advice and i do believe i am gonna get a lawyer, my warranty will run out next friday 8/10.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
good luck bro, sue them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make it clear that you want the engine covered longer due to the oil pump issue, if they don't replace the engine.

You should also tell them that you want your warranty on the whole bike extended for the time it was in the shop.

I would call Kawasaki directly if I was you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts