Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with Givi e360 bags on a ZX11. I want to say I read somewere that they will destroy the handling and cause a sway or shimmy at speeds over 75-85 mph. Any imput? Thanks fella's

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Not true. I have been riding for years now with E360 without any problem. Mine is a C model though but I never heard such a thing for any ZX-11.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man am I glad to here that! I did read it though. Just got me worried. Thanks for all the priceless info Claude, you sir are the man! I am sending it in for valves and carbs tomm. Having my mech., machinist buddy do it (also Kaw guru). He said the shims are the same as the 12. Thats good, he has plenty. Do you really want those risers on ebay? I am curious if the guys on here are in better shape. The only bad thing is I wont know until the auction is over. I only have 24-48 hours to retract.

·
Registered
21 Posts
+1 to what Claude said...I only have the trunk, but never experienced any handling problems.

...and yes Claude is da' man. Just a little :crazyloco
(j/K)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just recently bought my '00 ZX11D with the intent to make it my two-up tourer. With that in mind I bought a Givi wingrack rig, 2 E21 "Cruiser" style small 21-liter, top-loading side cases, and an E460 top-trunk.

Yes indeed it ABSOLUTELY affects handling. The bike now has a slow wandering feel once you get to about 70 mph and above. I rode the bike before I got all of this stuff so I know for sure that it was rock-solid, straight as an arrow when it was stock.

However, these symptoms only occur when riding solo and only on fast straight-aways. On the twisties, it still handles great. Also, once my passenger is on the back, it's totally fine.

I still have no regrets about buying the Givi stuff, it's great to have, and it's a very small price to pay for all that convenience.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
...Do you really want those risers on ebay? I am curious if the guys on here are in better shape. The only bad thing is I wont know until the auction is over. I only have 24-48 hours to retract.
No, I don't really need them. I asked him only because the starting orice was very low (and there was no bid by then). I probably won't bid on them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats cool. I wont go any higher 'cause they are kinda rough in my opinion. I will paint them to match and replace all the bolts.

Well thats 2 good and 1 bad. Thanks JY11 . Still deciding. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn fleabay!!!!!!!!!!! Thats allright if they want them they can have them. Got drilled at last minute on two auctions for GIVI stuff. The shit sold for 50.00-100.00 less then what I can buy it new for. Just ranting. Trying to get a deal on some. Anybody got any they will part with?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well patiance has paid off. Got my e360's yesterday. Smokin deal 300 delivered for the painted ones (much less prep time for paint) brand new. Got the wingrack and monorack with mounting kit brand new for 115. I will match the color on my 11 on Fri. after work so I can paint them. Wont be long now, gotta clear some work to make room for the 11 project to fet finished.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the GIVI stuff on my 11 and haven't noticed any change in handling at all,, but the truth is I haven't had it above 100 since I put it on, but at normal interstate speeds of up to 80 or whatever the flow of traffic is, it seems to be ok..

I'm ready for summer; Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Givi Adaptor Kit For ZX-11C

...I have been looking for the adaptor to mount the wingrack, but they tell me it is discontinued... Anyone have any idea where I might find one?

It is a Givi Y406...

Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yes, the adaptor kit for ZX11C is discontinued. The only options I'm aware of are: E-Bay, motorcycle forums or dealers that have one in stock.

Maybe using a ZX11D mounting kit and modifying it but I never did this.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
They are bad for your bike , will make it handle bad but I am such a good guy I will give you 50.00 buck for them . Claude Is right . Here what the man said .

·
Registered
217 Posts
I asked bu never really got an adequate response, but swmotech, I think, make a very sanitary mounting system with a Givi adapter for the ZZR1200. I think that it uses the same bolt hole that Kawi uses for the bungee hooks. If the centerline dimension can be confirmed it may be an option and no where near as ugly as the Givi wing rack... just a thought

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they are discontinued, Mine are for a "D". I got mine from a dealership that ordered them for a customer a few years ago and never picked them up. Then put them up on ebay and I grabbed the wingrack and mounting kit (all brand new in sealed plastic and oe box). I originally wanted just the side wingracks but ended up with the complete kit with top monorack. Yes they are hideous but if the bags ever come off they will to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts