Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard alot about the Gipro TRE...... does it really make that much of a difference? i have been thinking about getting one. just dont know anyone that has one to talk to them about it. you know performance both befor and after. would love to hear from you guys......

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have it and WOW does it make a huge difference. The horsepower is already there on the bike, just the secondary butterflies in the throttle close off air coming into the intake thus lowering power. The GIPro opens the butterflies allowing more air to flow in, thus more power. Very noticeable on the hard setting. Plus, who wouldn't want a gear indicator?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Holy fuck, installed mine and on hard it's noticable like a kick to the teeth.

worth the cash and awesome with the auto dimming.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I rode a GXR1000 K5 after it had it installed and the difference is night and day. I have reseached alot about them since then as I want one on my ride and I really cant see a down side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it and WOW does it make a huge difference. The horsepower is already there on the bike, just the secondary butterflies in the throttle close off air coming into the intake thus lowering power. The GIPro opens the butterflies allowing more air to flow in, thus more power. Very noticeable on the hard setting. Plus, who wouldn't want a gear indicator?
so the bike is limiting itself. why would they put the bike out like that. they could actually have the fastest bike out on the market if they didnt do that. that dosent make much sense to me. what benefit is there to doing this to the bike????????

·
Registered
443 Posts
so the bike is limiting itself. why would they put the bike out like that. they could actually have the fastest bike out on the market if they didnt do that. that dosent make much sense to me. what benefit is there to doing this to the bike????????
I'm guessing mostly to comply with various laws and regulations that deal with emissions. Although, they probably did it to decrease the number of squids doing a complete somersault because they didn't give any respect to the power a ZX10R (or any liter bikes) had. :crackup

·
Registered
103 Posts
They do it to meet emissions requirements and to keep exhaust DB levels down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When you guys say 'hard setting' what setting do you mean? I have just ordered mine and I think you can set it on a gear basis, off, 4th gear map, 5th gear map and 6th gear map. Which one do you consider to be Hard??

·
Registered
103 Posts
The GIPro w/ TRE has stock, soft, and hard settings. You must have gotten a different TRE

·
Registered
437 Posts
When you guys say 'hard setting' what setting do you mean? I have just ordered mine and I think you can set it on a gear basis, off, 4th gear map, 5th gear map and 6th gear map. Which one do you consider to be Hard??
I think you may have misread it

It comes with off (shown as a "-" ) on the display and i think its a "2" and a "3", 3 is the hard setting

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is as described by cmmoist. I have not received mine yet so perhaps it will read exactly as you guys suggest. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I installed mine 2 days ago... I already have a power commander and some other stuff. WOW what a difference. I wish the bike ran like that when I picked it up when I bought it!!! The throttle response is unbelievable...:crazyloco

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts