1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
i have the GiPro installed in my Kawasaki ZZR 1400 MY2007 and the
following problem. Sometimes the original Gear-indicator in the Dashboard
show a wrong gear (e.g. the first, secound) although the GiPro is programmed in the 6th-gear-map.

If i turn the Power Off and on all will function correct.

Have anybody the same Problem with the GiPro?

Regards
Lemmy

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
My gear indicator will sometimes not indicate an upshift, but if I shift back down and then back up more positively, it changes as it should. I have noticed that as the indicator LED fades with the key turned off, it will still pick up a shift change. If you shift into neutral right after the key is turned off but before the display fades, the display goes to "0" just like it would with the key on. The dashboard indicator always indicated "0" or "6" Your problem sounds like a loose connection where the dash indicator tries to revert to the actual gear, although not quite making it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrote an email to healtech and describe my problem with the GiPro.

here is the answer:
"This is considered normal on the ZZR1400 because the dashboard uses the RPM and Speed signals as well, to determine the gear position."

Regards
Lemmy

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
I have my radar detector mounted in such a way that the only things I can see on the stock LCD dash are the temp and fuel guages and the mileage at the bottom (if I drop my head and look) No sense in paying attention to something that can't be right anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts