Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would let you guys know that I just picked up one of these for my '06' 10R.

Wow, what a difference. Not even from the TRE standpoint, but from the gear indicator alone.

No longer do you have to constantly remember what gear you are in, or go searching for that elusive 7th gear when riding. You can now put that out of your head... nothing to remember but riding.

The TRE also has 5 positions that are easily changeable at the push of a button. Off, 1-6 soft, 1-6 hard, 2-6 soft, and 2-6 hard. I haven't messed around with this too much yet, but it seems to be a little more linear through the midrange wrt power.

The setup was fairly easy, and total time to install (along with the speedo healer that I put in) was 2 hours start to finish.

Couldn't be happier with the product, or the person I bought it from. He is in Missouri, and if anyone is looking to get one of these units.... contact Josh at [email protected] to get more info. You won't be disappointed in it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Skeez... I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds that helpful. LOL

Suzuki has been doing it on the 1000 for 2 years now... it's about time Kawi added it as a stock option IMHO.

·
Registered
366 Posts
How much have you guys paid for this if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got mine for $149 US out of MO. Josh's contact information is in the OP if you need it.

I believe he doesn't charge for shipping in the lower 48. Not sure if that's important to you or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the GIPRO TRE also. It is an awsume product and I can't believe the difference in acceleration. My stock zx10 was so high geared that it took a little clutch slipping to get a hard launch from a stop. So I added one tooth to the rear sprocket and that helped but then I added the TRE and now it comes off a stop like a rocket. I first tried the soft setting for the zx10 (position 1) and to make a comparison it would be the same as adding one tooth to the rear sprocket. Then I tried the zx10 hard setting (position 2) and the bike jets away from a stop as if I added three teeth to the rear sprocket. I sent an e-mail to GIPRO asking about the differnt settings and they suggested that I try all of them so I tried the others but position 2 is still the best. And since the GIPRO only effects ignition timing I didn't have to change the map on my PCIII.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts