Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my best to take pictures as I was tearing the bike apart but I did not get a good shot of the fuel pump

I see were one of the lines from the fuel pump goes to the shut-off valve but I can't see were the other line goes.
Does anyone know?
Help please
[picture attached]

Any help is appreciated .. . the beast is almost on the road !!!

Todd

·
Registered
723 Posts
The line that is connected is the "in" line. The line that is disconnected feeds directly to the carbs.
Is there not a line from the carbs in the form a t available to connect to?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The line that is connected is the "in" line. The line that is disconnected feeds directly to the carbs.
Is there not a line from the carbs in the form a t available to connect to?

WOW !!! You are the man !!
Was looking all over the place ... finally took the aibox off... AND THERE IT WAS !!!

Thanks so much for the quick response... I might just get this thing on the road today !!

Todd

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Since u are already in there, wanna have some fun?

On the top of the carbs is a plastic tube it runs the width of the carbs with 2 inlets & 1 outlet coming off the carb assembly itself. Remove it, and run 2 separate hoses from each end of the tubes to the Fairing mounted RAM AIR Inlet ports. This will increase air flow, throttle response and balance out vacuum across the 4 carbs...

·
Registered
347 Posts

On the top of the carbs is a plastic tube it runs the width of the carbs with 2 inlets & 1 outlet coming off the carb assembly itself. Remove it, and run 2 separate hoses from each end of the tubes to the Fairing mounted RAM AIR Inlet ports. This will increase air flow, throttle response and balance out vacuum across the 4 carbs...
Blain I don't get it, do you have a picture or a graphic ?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I am scared and tempted at the same time. I just did a bunch of work and forgot to connect that stupid hose to the upper section in front with the little filter. It ran like stank from 3-4K on. I was surprised at the drastic effect that connecting the little filter and two ram air hoses makes on the balance of the carbs, but it surely does. Now it is running really great, but this change makes sense to me so I'm tempted....

Do you think I could run the existing one hose directly into the airbox instead of removing the original and get the same effect? Connect at 92170 in your diagram. Seems like it could still work without as much modification. ???

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The restriction IS the tube, it has to be eliminated to get the maximum affect.. All the air rams in to ONE end of the tube, and raises pressure @ that point of entry & then becomes a bottle neck. By splitting the lines, pressure is equalized across the carbs, reducing/eliminating the bottleneck, & increasing airflow even more. Think of it like having a Dual exhaust system on a car vs single exhaust...Input works the same way as output. The line coming off the carbs is small enough to fit INSIDE the hose coming from the Air Dams, I used heater hose myself.. I ran smaller hoses from the two carb inlets just alongside/underneath the airbox to the beginning of the upper cowl, so it would snugly fit, while maybe 1-2 feet or so of the larger diameter hose which runs from the fairing front to meet. Then I clamped/wire tied/whatever works, the smaller hose inside the larger hose and.....

VIOLA!!

Works like a charm. More air may means bigger jets though, so run it for a bit, then check the color of your spark plugs.

P.S. I didnt just think this up in some late night drunken stupor after 1 too many bongs, this is an actual MOD from Factory Pro on how to tune the ZX-11 carbs for maximum performance, we r just bypassing the Middle Man and going straight to the source, The CARBS! That always has risk, but the gains are worth it...

Can u make out the 2 hoses in the picture below...

All the plumbing below gets removed as well. 92190J and forward to where it meets the RAM itself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts