Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
594 miles..... It's time... my bike is so ridiculously loose right now. throttle, front brake, rear brake and the chain need all the fixins

cant wait to see how she purrs after!

anyone have any idea how much this should run me, i checked @ the dealership where i bought my bike (FBC) and its around $250, but my friend had his 07 gsxr600 done at Southbay for $155 i think, im hoping its not too much more than that!

oh yea, anyone have any used slip-ons they are selling for the 07 zx6r?

·
Registered
317 Posts
what do you mean your throttle and front brake is lose? do you mean the levers and the handle? if so they are suppose to have a little play-room

and have you been riding hard or something? cus mine's at 2600 miles right now and everything's fine...chain brakes throttle....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yea theres a lot of play on the throttle, same thing happened to my friends gsxr, everything was pretty loose, then he got the first sevice and they tightened it all up, and now everything tight and snappy. ive been running it pretty easy, not pushing it very hard at all... im guessing the dealership where we bought them didnt tighten eveyrthing enough during setup on the bikes (we bought them the same day)

and for the chain, same thing was happening to his, was really loose when he bought

·
Registered
330 Posts
Make sure you review the list of stuff you want them to look at & ask for an estimate when you take it in or book the appointment over the phone. Don't assume anything. There seems to be a huge variance in what shops do & or charge for the first service checks. The oil/filter is a given but beyond that, I'm not convinced a lot really happens unless you point out specific issues.
Make sure you know what their hourly labor rate is too cuz that's where most of your cost will be (in labor hours or parts thereof).

·
Registered
990 Posts
In the UK the first service (500 mile) is free apart from parts (oil & filter)

Also Kawasaki have a very specific list of checks that should be carried out before delivery (PDI - pre-delivery inspection)

I suspect that the selling dealer is not carrying out all the PDI as they should be.

Speak to Kawasaki USA & ask them to confirm the PDI procedure & also the first service.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went and got the service today, $154.95. Went through the whole list, im pretty impressed on how it runs now, eveyything feels a lot smoother and tighter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts