Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my little ninja 250 for almost a week and I am at 480 miles. I called the dealer and he wants $210 to adjust the valves but I can use that money for accessories. Since it is my first time, I would like to find somebody to help me through this. After that, I can do everything myself. I am hoping to find someone in the Greeneville, Anderson South Carolina or in the Tacooa, Athens, Elberton Georgia area. I would appreciate it if someone would consider helping me out in this first time endeavor and yes, I will come to you.

I have went to 15 -- 42 on the gearing and have installed a pro oiler. I have a Double Bubble on the way but that doggone valve adjust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks joelcool
I guess I will have to take my time and brave it myself:rolleyes . I have a positive attitude though and I will get through it, and I will benefit because of all the mistakes I will make-snicker.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You should be fine. It's really not a bad job to do. Be sure you have the Kawasaki service manual and the correct torque wrenches.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be fine. It's really not a bad job to do. Be sure you have the Kawasaki service manual and the correct torque wrenches.
hehe, when you get to be 75, any job is a bad job:lol . Oh well, Ill just take the ST3 out for a spin right before tackling it, to calm my nerves.

Is one out of two doing allright-right torque wrenches,no manual but printed out an online guide:clap .

·
Registered
63 Posts
75, eh? Man, I bet you've got some stories. Now I really wish I was closer :lol .

I guess the answer to your question is ... how good is the on line guide?

If you've adjusted valves before it should not be too bad. Just be sure to take your time. Better to walk away from the job for a few hours than to make a dumb mistake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I am really 76 ( I messed up in another post and put 67, not used to typing and hit wrong key first). When you get old and try to mess with new stuff like computers you mess up a lot.:smile

I came off a ZX 14 which I loved in many ways but when I had my heart attack, I could no longer stand the weight of it, nor the 1250S. So my youngest son started riding the ZX14 and my grandson would not settle for anything less than a ST3, so I picked him one up (ouch). I couldn't ride alone for awhile.:rolleyes

I was not willing to give up riding so I went to the dealer and tried lifting a 1000, then a 650, then finally my wonderful 250 (and it was barely). I have regained some strength back now and ride alone. The 250 has let me rediscover something I had lost along the way, the joy of riding for the sake of riding. Somehow you get caught up in the horsepower and torque trap and the companies love that but the rider loses.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 250 has let me rediscover something I had lost along the way, the joy of riding for the sake of riding. Somehow you get caught up in the horsepower and torque trap and the companies love that but the rider loses.

There's a lot of wisdom in that statement right there. It's taken me 25+ years of riding progressively more powerful bikes to learn what small bikes are really all about. I enjoy riding my little EX250 every bit as much as my '05 R1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts