Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 2016 zx10r has been acting up I’ll be driving around and everything is fine then out of nowhere my dash lights start flashing and I won’t be able to go above 3k rpms. I’ll turn her off an on a couple times and it’ll be back to normal but it happens again soon after I have no idea what it could be. I changed my spark plugs and air filter recently. It has about 40k miles on it.
If you have any suggestions it would really help me. Thank you!!!!

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,165 Posts
So it didn't do this prior to the spark plugs and air filter change?

· Registered
80,81 GS750L, 81 XS1100, 85 FJ1100, 96 GPZ11 (1200 EFI PROJECT), 03 VT11, 06 VT600, 12 ZX14R, 67 C20
171 Posts
Possibly a loose connection somewhere. Or a rodent has taken up residence and got hungry for some copper. Even a loose battery terminal can do funky things. Does it happen consistently when something else happens? Like a bumpy road? Coolants warm enough to trigger the fan? Maybe some electronic is falling apart and when it gets up to temp it is failing due to heat expansion/resistance. Might plug it in to a computer n see if that can tell u anything too. Has any work been done to it recently before it started misbehaving? Check that service, and everything that may have been even glanced at in the process. Hope its just something to make u feel stupid by plugging it in correctly. Otherwise it might b expensive..

· Registered
5,165 Posts
Any updates?
Saw a thread on the 10R.net forums about the bike being in oil bypass mode after he changed the oil and his bike wouldn't go past 25mph. He took it to a shop and they fixed it. Unfortunately, he didn't say what the fix was.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly a loose connection somewhere. Or a rodent has taken up residence and got hungry for some copper. Even a loose battery terminal can do funky things. Does it happen consistently when something else happens? Like a bumpy road? Coolants warm enough to trigger the fan? Maybe some electronic is falling apart and when it gets up to temp it is failing due to heat expansion/resistance. Might plug it in to a computer n see if that can tell u anything too. Has any work been done to it recently before it started misbehaving? Check that service, and everything that may have been even glanced at in the process. Hope its just something to make u feel stupid by plugging it in correctly. Otherwise it might b expensive..
I’ve been trying to find whatever triggers it and honestly right now it seems completely random. There was one time I rev’d it up a little and it happened but besides that I’ll just be cruising normally. And no nothing happened prior to this it kinda just happened out of the blue. All the wires seen in order. It’s weird sometimes it won’t happen for a week then sometimes it’ll happen 5 times back to back.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any updates?
Saw a thread on the 10R.net forums about the bike being in oil bypass mode after he changed the oil and his bike wouldn't go past 25mph. He took it to a shop and they fixed it. Unfortunately, he didn't say what the fix was.
No still have no clue shops are pretty packed right now because it’s starting to get warmer so I’m not getting any replies from them. I can’t even hit 25 most I got it to was like 15mph. I’ll be full throttle and it won’t go above 3000 rpms.

· Registered
5,165 Posts
Do you have a PC installed or is your ECU flashed?

· Registered
5,165 Posts
Found this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.