Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions, I have a Gen: 3 I took out one piston and a cylinder. With nitrous! Did it at Loring in July. Looking to go back in September. I’m going to have the head ported and polished , Gen:3 race intake cam, 07 exhaust cam or convert 08 intake cam to exhaust. Carpenter Valve springs, JE 13.5 to 1 pistons, cylinder replated,.50 head gasket, ARP head bolts or studs, high pressure oil valve, Going with direct port injection nitrous this time. Already have flashed ECU, power commander V, power commander ignition module. K&N air filter, Block off plates, Full Akrapovic exhaust. Looking for anything else I may have forgot. I was thinking of Carrillo Rods not sure if I need them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
u definately got the ideas there. i agree with u on the race cams and nitrous. The polished heads will help too. when u install the race cams increase the timing on it. Depending on the tunes you are going to run u can increase it up to 5 degrees. ive heard they like 2 degrees on full builds, but just what ive heard. Get the best studs u can because with all that compression and spray u r most likely gunna lift gaskets like a bastard. And who is your machinist? Ask him if he would be able to hone out your injectors. My guy honed mine out on my old zx12r the slightest bit and made such a huge difference for power when tuning. See what Guhl Motors has for throttle body configurations, they make great race throttle body set ups. But i like where ur going with this, keep me up to date i wanna see this thing when ur done building it!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts