Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone just joined this forum as my zx9r 2002 has just devoloped a problem and wondered if you guys can help me!!!!it will engauge 1st and 2nd gear but anything after that i cant get!any ideas??its only done 8 thousand miles.thanks in advance,:banghead peasey

·
Registered
990 Posts
First check that the gear change linkage is secure & that it's clamped tight on the splined selector shaft out of the gearbox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes mate just checked that and seems fine to me all the splines are ok hmm im a bit puzzled does my f model suffer from the same trouble as the c1 and c2?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey how are you- welcome to the forum.

I think I would adjust the clutch at the case, and the lever free play first-

Can you tells us a little more about it. Does it make any noise going in to 1st and 2nd. Does it act like its in nuetral when you try to hit 3rd or does it just stay in second-

Have you changed the oil to see if any metal is in it?(bad sign obviously-)

·
Registered
57 Posts
This doesn't sound good. Was the tranny working right one day and the next it didn't. Or is it a situation where you felt that things were going bad over time. If it isn't a phisical problem, like a bent shift rod hitting a bolt head, it sounds like a bent shift fork in the tranny. The only solution at that point is to have a mechanic tear it down and find out what went wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just to answer some questions,it sounds normal going in to 1st and 2nd but the shifter feels stiff/tight and its just done it no stiffness or missed gears before hand,and it just wont shift out of 2nd and as for the mechanic he is typing this!lol looks like im stripping down my gearbox then!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you don't have one, get a shop manual. I haven't ever rebuilt a tranny but I have seen them out of a motor. They look rather complex.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts