Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads

Pretty cool site. Just found it today. I have a 04 ZX10. Have had R6's and R1's in the past but the ZX10 just knocks the crap out of them! Absolute track weapon I found but needed a new lighter rear spring and braided lines to get best track performance.

Over the past few months, I've started noticing something up with the gearbox in that it was much more difficult to go from 1st to 2nd or from 1st to neutral. Not only this, I have to be more precise with my gear changes generally. Was just wondering if anyone else has come across this sort of deterioration in their gearboxes? I've owned the bike for 10 months and haven't changed my riding style ever. The gearbox just seems to have gone to crap over a relatively short period. No tight spots in chain or anything either to cause any undue strain on the box. Never do any clutchless changes either. Does anyone know whether it might be an engine out job or can the gearbox be tackled without removing the engine?

Cheers for any help you can give me.

Green Demon

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
im not sure, but have heard that bikes do tht when they get a few years older. Take it to the tech and have it checked out. I dont think its and engine out job, and welcome to the forums, Guiness all around

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try some after market rear sets, i had the standard ones which i found to be OK, but have some vortex ones now, there great, foot pegs are well grippy :D

Much better than Gilles (and i have had both)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts