Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea guys Iam gettin a 46tooth sprocket for my rear, the parts guy at place said that it wont make much diff but will give me better acceleration and wont make that much diff in rpms at freeway speeds only like 2% diff..any of you have this setup thanks

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Most of the time, those wishing for a difference goes for +2 at the rear (47T). With only + 1, I think you won't feel a huge difference. But you're the one that will know for sure very soon!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't think 46 will do too much imo. I went for 47T when I did the wheel swap. That was a noticeable change. There is a stretch of road where I have a little traffic light drag every day. I was always hitting a consistent speed before having to brake hard for a roundabout. After I swapped I hit a higher speed at my braking point which caught me out first time. I was glad I had the 6 pots and that was the day I found a zzr1100 will do a stoppie and how tight my sphincter muscles could go..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Will I need to replace the chain with the 17-47 gearing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I was happy with stock gearing..just that the guy only had a 46tooth sprocket that was chromed which is what I wanted...so if there is not much diff...that is fine with me:) I do alot of traveling on my bike and didnt really want much more rpm's at interstate speeds, just gettin 50mpg as it is right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts