Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the clutch cover on my zx6, and I have 2 questions:

1) The gasket I have is the right one, but it appears smaller than the cover. Do I just put the bolts through and stretch it?

2) The shop manual says to put silicon sealant (Kawasaki Bond) where the engine case halves meet. Would any brand of silicon sealant I get from Auto Zone or something be OK? Thanks in advance,

--Ryan

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you use basic RTV black sealant you should not have to use the gasket and you can return it where you bought it. Just make sure the sealant you buy states that it is suitable for use in applications where it will mix with chemicals. If you buy Permatex the RTV Black which cost a few dollars more than the basic will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would always suggest you use gaskets AND sealant as the book says. am sure there are brands that have products specially designed to be used IN-LINE with gaskets. just read what it says on the cover of the box. engine pressure can do wonders sometimes(ask me what i went through)

·
Registered
381 Posts
if you decide to use a sealant let it set up in place for at least 24 hours before you start the engine. i know from experiance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts