Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas is venting through the key hole in my stock gas cap. It is puddling up under the key flapper. What is causing/allowing this and how do you fix it?:headscratch

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
It happens. Might be a clogged vent but it happens. Mine does it too and I just dont worry about it. Were you still planning on dropping your bike off for those fork seals?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure am, I just haven't got around to registering it yet. I work mon-fri and have school full time. I should be able to cut out of work early on friday. Its just with classes opening up for spring this past week, I have been super busy dealing with getting the students certified for the classes they picked out so they can get their GI Bill money. It should steady off for a while before getting really busy again come end of november.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Ok sounds good. Just let me know . I got nothing but time right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That happened to me on an older zx6 i had, the vent tube on the inside rotted out. so i plugged the bottom vent tube and under the cap theres another overflow which i also plugged that solved the problem, the tank will still vent threw the key hole, then i sold the bike:crackup

·
Registered
50 Posts
You might check to see if the breather hose on the back of the tank is pinched. The PO had stuff routed all kinds of crazy places when I got my bike. He was an auto tech too so you'd think he would have had some idea what he was doing. If not, check to see that it's not clogged (you can just blow in it and listen for the air up at the top of the tank with the gas cap off. If the rubber section is clogged it would be a pretty easy fix to just replace it. If the metal section inside the tank is clogged, that would be a little more troublesome. I've never had it apart but I would suspect you can get to the upper opening by removing the gas cap housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts