Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I get around 125 miles to a tank of gas.I'm getting a power commander soon so hopefully that will change!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stock I was getting 39 to 41 mpg while commuting (125 mi per tank before low fuel light came on) in the 70 to 80 mph cruising range. With a PCIII custom map and GIPRO ATRE I get 38.5 mpg (110 mi per tank before low fuel light comes on). I'm adding Akra bolt-ons tomorrow and I'll see if this changes...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
im getting, 110 miles per tank before the light comes on. I do some sity and some freeway driving

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK...This is what I did.

I emptied my tank and put exactly 4.5 gallons back into it. This puts the full fuel level at about 1/2 inch above the bottom of the filler neck. I rode it like I normally do, commuting 45 miles round trip daily. Approximately half of that is interstate. On this particular fill up, I know that I took the bike above 120 6 times and just generally being frisky with the throttle in spurts.

My fuel light came on at 138 and some change. I took it easy from there on, only hitting 130 once during this time and the engine sputtered at 181 and some change and died at 182.

I have no doubt that if you took it easy, you could get to 150 or so before reserve and close to 200 per tank.

My bike is a totally stock 07.

My light generally comes on 110-120. Current average is 39, best I ever got on a tank was 45 mpg, worst was 36.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've noticed that if I ride hard, or like a grandma, mpg doesn't really change that much. Think about it, even at 100mph, you're only at 6.5k rpm. That's only half of what it's got.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know if it's because I'm an enormous wind block or not, but I get exactly 100 miles out of a tank before the light comes on. No matter how I ride it....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought an 07 ZX 10R SE. My fuel light came on today at 140 miles, I could still see fuel in the tank, but I filled up, 3.18 gallons. I figured I had over a gallon still in the tank. I had to fill up because I had to ride 45 miles to do a computer job, so I couldn't see exactly how many miles I would get on a tank and I didn't want to push it home. Hopefully I can find out with this tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a run today to see two things, how many miles to the gallon and how many total miles on a full tank. I filled the tank sitting on the bike holding it upright, if you fill it on the kick stand, you don't quite get it completely full. I got 189 miles on the tank, 42 MPG. The breakdown on how I ran it, about 70% highway miles, 30% around town. My fuel light came on at 133.3 miles, and it quit at 189. This test was done on an 07 ZX10R.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did a run today to see two things, how many miles to the gallon and how many total miles on a full tank. I filled the tank sitting on the bike holding it upright, if you fill it on the kick stand, you don't quite get it completely full. I got 189 miles on the tank, 42 MPG. The breakdown on how I ran it, about 70% highway miles, 30% around town. My fuel light came on at 133.3 miles, and it quit at 189. This test was done on an 07 ZX10R.
Hmmmm....sounds familiar...lol

Grease's Gas Tank Test

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just checked mine and I got 38. I put in 3 gallons when the light came on. Supposedly I still have 1.5 gallons left before it goes dry. Do the rest of you have the light go on with 1.5 left?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just checked mine and I got 38. I put in 3 gallons when the light came on. Supposedly I still have 1.5 gallons left before it goes dry. Do the rest of you have the light go on with 1.5 left?
Hmmmn...? :headscratch Every time my gas light goes on, I fill it up as soon as I can and I've never put in 3 gallons. I usually end up putting in around 2.25 to 2.50 max. So it looks like mine goes on when there's about 2.0 gallons left.

·
Registered
291 Posts
three times now have I ran the tank to 170 miles and on fill up it takes about 3.4 gallons so that would mean I have approx one gallon left.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts