Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im out the first day i have my bike (01 zx6r) and run out of gas :angry . does this bike have or is there any way to put an indicator on other than track the miles that i have put on that tank? My last bike had a little gas pump that lit up when it was time to get some more fuel.:headscratch

·
Registered
649 Posts
Did you run out and then switch to the reserve tank???? That should give you another 40-50 miles.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yup, once it starts sputtering or dies switch it to reserve as quick as possible. If you get good at it you can do it before it actually quits.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm going to take a stab and guess it was already on reserve (must not have realized it). If so it will just empty out the tank, no warning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it was not on reserve. i tried the reserve after the bike died on me. switched to reserve and still nothin.......

·
Registered
649 Posts
My reserve on my '01 stopped working about a month ago.... I've hit 210 miles and been dangerously close to running out of fuel. It's time to rebuild the petcock, or in my case, watch the trip odometer like a hawk!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i bought it off my sisters boyfriend he said that it works but you have to choke it. idk....... he said that he usually filled up about every 100 mile set the trip and did it that way. he said that it could hold out till about 160 or so but he just did it every 100. but ill have to find out for myself we all throtle a little dif and that would make a dif in mileage we get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts