Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead Ok, so here's the deal. I have gas dripping along the left side, right under my ass basically. When I took the seats off and moved some of the junk under the front seat, I saw that the gas is dripping from the black box that sits almost right between the two seats. That mystery box has 3 hoses running to it, with a green, a blue and a yellow dot on one side, and the other has a cap that says Kawasaki on it and an oval hole. What is this box, and why is there gas dripping from it? Any help is def. appreciated seeing as how this is my only bike. Thanks :banghead

P.S. It's a 1995 zx6r

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it's carburated, doesn't it not have a fuel pump? and this evaporative emission canister.....what would be causing gas to drip out of it? would it be just a clogged line maybe???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
just a little to add...the three hoses are labeled "purge, sep and vent".....any idea's what this is and why there's a lot of gas in it and now leaking out?? oh, and can i open it without causing damage?

·
Registered
582 Posts
"...the three hoses are labeled "purge, sep and vent"....."
Australian bikes don't have this stuff. From my old '99 G2 manual it seems like its a separator and emmission canister problem. See if you can get a look at a manual or try www.repairmanualclub.com (registration required) or www.motorosok.hu (registration required and you have to email them for a password for downloading).
gammac

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, an update....i checked the hoses and found one with a hole in it. so i changed that and the leak stopped for about 3-4 days.....so now i've had the charcoal canister pulled out and the 3 hoses capped off, and so far (knock on wood)no leak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts