Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a zx7r and im having issues! #1 there's 2 lines that come off the back of my tank marked with a red dot and a blue dot. Where does the one with a red dot go to? And #2 why would gas be getting shot up into my airbox from that vacuum thing that sits on top of the motor under the airbox? Everytime I get my bike to start it immediately begins to bog down like its flooding ! Then it dies and gas will be pouring out of the bottom of my airbox and carbs and its getting mixed with my oil and everything. What do I do and did I buy a lemon?

·
Registered
956 Posts
The two tank ports should feed into the petcock. Not sure which is the ON and Reserve assuming you have a 1997-03 P model. If your tank is like mine then the nipple port in the rear is simply a vent. Mine is not connected to anything. Check from where the line feeding into the airbox is coming from.

·
Registered
1995 ZX7R
7 Posts
I just got a zx7r and im having issues! #1 there's 2 lines that come off the back of my tank marked with a red dot and a blue dot. Where does the one with a red dot go to? And #2 why would gas be getting shot up into my airbox from that vacuum thing that sits on top of the motor under the airbox? Everytime I get my bike to start it immediately begins to bog down like its flooding ! Then it dies and gas will be pouring out of the bottom of my airbox and carbs and its getting mixed with my oil and everything. What do I do and did I buy a lemon?
How old is your ZX7R? I had a similar problem with my 1995 ZX7R. It had sat in my garage for several years before I finally decided to start riding it this summer. It ran fine at first then, like yours, it started bogging. I got it home and found the carbs leaking fuel. Fuel had leaked past the needle valves and pooled in the intake tubes. Fuel got into the cylinders and past the rings into the oil. The problem was that all of the rubber started to harden. Especially the rubber that came into contact with ethanol treated fuel.

The fix:
I replaced the needle valves and the O-ring on the needle valve seat. Of course change the oil. I've had no problems since. And try not to use ethanol gas. There are a few places where I live that I can get non-ethanol gas. They call it Clear Gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a carb rebuild kit. Should be here on the 12th. My zx is a 2001. Its also spitting gas back into my airbox out of that thing all the hoses plug into up under the front of the tank. Dont know what that thing is but there's gas coming up into the tube that feeds right on top of my airfilter?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I ordered a carb rebuild kit. Should be here on the 12th. My zx is a 2001. Its also spitting gas back into my airbox out of that thing all the hoses plug into up under the front of the tank. Dont know what that thing is but there's gas coming up into the tube that feeds right on top of my airfilter?
You might want to post a pic of what you are referring to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might want to post a pic of what you are referring to.
Or a screen shot of the parts schematic showing the part, "box", in question?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts