Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the drain hole at the gas cap ring plugging up? .The gas cap is vented and when the tank is full , fuel expands , pushing gasoline through the vent IN the cap and spilling around the filler hole area (under the 5 inch ring around your gas cap) there is a small drain hole there , it is plugged up with old paint that has peeled up , I have not removed the tank yet to see where it go's to . Would this drain hole lead back into the tank ? or is this a water drain hole for around the filler neck,either way iam definitly getting gas pooling around my gas cap I can't see this draining out a hose and on to the ground?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can tell you abouta similar problem with my 96 D model. While it was still under extended warranty, I was having gas pushed up through the gas cap due to the TX heat. When I found out that I could not fix it I took it back in to the dealer. What they said was it had a rare problem with the internal venting system and that gas should never come out the top. They ordered and installed a new tank and sent the old one back to Kawi for examination. The hole that you refer to is supposed to be for minor gas spillage and rain/wash water to drain out into a tube from the lower right corner of the tank and is vivible under the seat. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts