Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Quite recently I added a post about the best gps for me,mainly the tom tom rider or the Garmin zumo. I now notice tha Garmin Quest is a much cheaper option and is also fully waterproof and has bike attachment. I know it does not have bluetooth but that is not an essential requirement for me as long it will gwt me around Europe. Does anybody have any experience with the Garim Quest and tell me what they think as I can get one of these for less than £200.Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Karl, the Quest and Quest 2 are both a pile of doggy do-do's. I have two friends who sent theirs back to Garmin several times with frustrating on going lockups, no fix and non starting faults. Both eventually persuaded Garmin to swap them under the warranty (plus a bit more dosh) for a Zumo and a 2820. The Quest isn't really a bike gps. It can't handle the vibration and as the screen is so small it is hard to see and the buttons are nearly impossible to press with gloves on. They are fine for the car though as long as you havn't got a heated windscreen. Save your money.

FWIW on the Zumo 500 (UK maps only) This is the best deal around at the moment. Even cheaper than I can buy as a marine dealer.

http://www.thenavigationcompany.com/products/TN0167_Garmin_Zumo_500.html.

Sorry if I am infringing forum rules but I am not affiliated in any way to this company.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spend the extra and get the Zumo , i have one and also think the bluetooth is a very safe way to navigate , you can take instructions instead of taking your eyes of the road .

Holma ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts