Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i was curious what people are using for the floors of theyre shops like a certain paint or something i can lay down ,. We are in the process of redoing the shop a bit and i was thinking of getting a few good ideas first

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I used the epoxy coating that lowe's has. Or maybe home depot...either way, it's awesome.
-Cody

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I was just thinking of repainting my garage floor. I've seen people out here put actual tile down but if you have a lot of expansion joints or cracks in the floor now, the tile will crack.
The lowes/HD epoxy is good but out here in the heat, it fades. most guys put a clear coat sealer on it every year.
My floor is now 12 years old. Can't remember the name but Ace hardware sold it as a cement stain.
I wanted something different than a one color floor so i painted it all gray and then masked it off in 20" tile squares and painted it brown.
I then took a 4" brush and cut the ends uneven and splashed the gray on top.
It doesn't show dirt or tire marks.
Funny to see people come up and touch it and ask if it's real tile.

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
I was just thinking of repainting my garage floor. I've seen people out here put actual tile down but if you have a lot of expansion joints or cracks in the floor now, the tile will crack.
The lowes/HD epoxy is good but out here in the heat, it fades. most guys put a clear coat sealer on it every year.
My floor is now 12 years old. Can't remember the name but Ace hardware sold it as a cement stain.
I wanted something different than a one color floor so i painted it all gray and then masked it off in 20" tile squares and painted it brown.
I then took a 4" brush and cut the ends uneven and splashed the gray on top.
It doesn't show dirt or tire marks.
Funny to see people come up and touch it and ask if it's real tile.
That's cool. :thumbup

Sent from my Vortex using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have that epoxy coating stuff looks good and easy to clean

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
I see ads for concrete floor coating in the old car magazines. Everyone knows those old rattletraps leak oil (believe me I know, I have one). It's a two-part epoxy with some decorative confetti you sprinkle on before it dries. Just make sure if you use one of these epoxy products you wear a respirator. That shit's nasty.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great tips ,, i really like the way the homemade tile looks ,., jusst waiting on a floor squeegee and ill post a bunch of pics of my idea

·
Registered
21 Posts
Epoxy can be very slick when wet. Vinyl tile in a checkerboard pattern is cool IMHO, but if you leave water on it for long periods it tends to come up. I do like the paint with confetti look, they have that at Menards.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
What?

:loco

:headscratch

·
Registered
582 Posts
I guess I'm just lazy mines half concrete and timber because its on a sloping site. Linseed oiled the timber path. Concrete is still concrete.

gammac

·
Registered
4 Posts
here is a pic of my garage floor. it is plain Race Deck Flooring tile. Handles anything I throw at it and cleans up super easy. The floor floats and is a bit noisy but I dont mind that since I am not walking on it all the time...

·
Registered
27 Posts
here is a pic of my garage floor. it is plain Race Deck Flooring tile. Handles anything I throw at it and cleans up super easy. The floor floats and is a bit noisy but I dont mind that since I am not walking on it all the time...

I like that Acer sticker. :nana

Nice to see a familiar "face" up here on the other side. :thumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts