Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the new guy on the block, thought I may as well start out with something. I just got a set of those Galfer custom fr. brake lines and somehow cobbled them in last night. For a better part of a C note and the word "custom" in the adds I expected a much cleaner fit. They finally went in okay :)rant ) but not without a lot of twisting and kinking, trial & error first. I've worked on my share of hydraulic systems over the past 35 years generating a heluva lot more pressure than these brakes ever will, but even I know that when you have to twist and kink hoses to make them fit you're not doing yourself any favors. Plus, it just looks half-fast anyway. The problem here stemmed mostly from the way the banjo fittings on each end of the hose are indexed to each other, they should've been rotated to a different position before crimping in place by the manufacturer. Anyway, I was wondering how many others have run into the same situation, if this is considered "normal" or did I get stuck with a bum pair of expensive little hoses? These bikes rock though, after all these years I STILL think they are one of the nicest, cleanest looking sport bike designs anyone ever came up with...bar none!!:thumbup

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That's why I always make mine since many years. I can custom cut and fit to my taste. I don't save money but they are like I want them to be...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with stainless lines to the front and rear brakes, also the clutch. Can't remember the make but they fit like a glove and definatley work well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also uesd Galfer but they fit great, you eliminate the splitter and they went right on also have them for the rear and the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts