Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some galfer ss lines and im wondering if they are worth what I paid? I paid 120 for front and back. Let me know what you guys think what they really do, and is the improvement noticeable?:crazyloco I dont mind paying the money if their is not really that much of an improvement then I might as well return them but I would like to hear some feed back from those who have them on thier o7 zx6r. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put some on a Suzuki GSXR600. Made a big difference in a firm brake lever feel. Better stopping power as well. Excellent mod.

·
Registered
494 Posts
What you're going to find is that you're not going to get much of a difference in lever feel after you've installed them.

Reason being, from the factory your rubber lines will not show a lot of flex. However over time they will wear and weaken and they'll start to flex under pressure. This results in a rubbery feeling. Bad news bears.

So anyways, because your lines are new they won't have the softness that older lines tend to have. Brake lines are supposed to be replaced every 4 years, and if you do them every 4 years then you won't ever really end up with soft brakes as a result of bad lines.

Your stainless steel braided lines will not flex no matter how long you leave them on.

So basically if you were to put them on now you wouldn't notice a difference. If you waited a couple of years for the rubber lines to weaken then you would notice a small difference when you installed them. If you waited 10 years you would notice a big difference.

Personally when I change my brake lines the first time (I do it at 3 years) I switch to SS lines because I don't want to have to do it again. So in my opinion yes, they are worth the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts