Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally go these brake lines on friday night. What a bitch they were to install! I went with there standard inssue in the rear cause it cost me 25 shipped brand new. I got their superbike series for the front, (it is about twice as thick as the standard size line). It is as unforgiving as possible. I have put ss lines on before, but these were a pain. Once they were bled, WOW! Amazing. These things are better then I ever remembered. Now I have got pazzo levers with these lines It feels amazing! I suggest putting ss lines on if you want serioius braking performance! One question, how about brake pads? Favorite brands and series would be good to hear what you guys like. I have only ever used ebc brake on quads bikes before. Willing to try others.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I guess I need to pick these up after my Pazzos.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I need to pick these up after my Pazzos.
easily do a one finger stoppie now! They are simply amzing. about 135 and got insane performance!

·
Registered
236 Posts
sounds good man. sounds like i'm going to have to start saving for some brake lines. i wanted to anyways. can't wait to change out my levers also. but this will all be a little further down the road for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
whats the difference between ss lines (i think thats what they are called) and the regular steel braided ones. i was going to order some but just wanted to know the difference between the two.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the difference between ss lines (i think thats what they are called) and the regular steel braided ones. i was going to order some but just wanted to know the difference between the two.
SS is just abrivation for Stainless Steel. The only thing I got to say is I put these type of brakelines on my brothers friends bike before I ever got into bikes. And he wiped out cause of them. It takes minimal effort to skid your tires with these lines. So they just take a little getting use to that is all. The rear brake is how he went down. He said he barely had any pressure on the rear brake and he said it locked up with ease. He is an super experience rider. He just never used SS lines before. He has now had 3 different bikes since that minor accident, and this has been the first mod done to any onf his bikes! when he went down he said he used about the amount of pressure he usually uses. So that just goes to show how effective thse lines truley are! Good luck getting them on. They are a pain in the ass and they are super messy brake fluid is super slick and sticky! I used cleap 1/4 in inside diameter housing on all the air bleeding nippels to keep the mess to a minimum. Keep in mind brake fluid stain paint and the light grey plastic on your bike so clean up good and fast!

·
Registered
47 Posts
SS is just abrivation for Stainless Steel. The only thing I got to say is I put these type of brakelines on my brothers friends bike before I ever got into bikes. And he wiped out cause of them. It takes minimal effort to skid your tires with these lines. So they just take a little getting use to that is all. The rear brake is how he went down. He said he barely had any pressure on the rear brake and he said it locked up with ease. He is an super experience rider. He just never used SS lines before. He has now had 3 different bikes since that minor accident, and this has been the first mod done to any onf his bikes! when he went down he said he used about the amount of pressure he usually uses. So that just goes to show how effective thse lines truley are! Good luck getting them on. They are a pain in the ass and they are super messy brake fluid is super slick and sticky! I used cleap 1/4 in inside diameter housing on all the air bleeding nippels to keep the mess to a minimum. Keep in mind brake fluid stain paint and the light grey plastic on your bike so clean up good and fast!
I see... on some website they were selling some other ones that were not the regular SS but they were called gp or superbike lines. im assuming they might bite more than the regular ss ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use EBC HH pads.
I use EBC HH also first season on them so i cant say much since season didnt start but they are ready to go.
Shifty1 and dvandriesen,..........Do ya'lls pads squeak when they are applied? or is that only until after you put some miles on them? I have about 250 miles on mine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
what kind of Gaflers are you guys using? the GP? Standard? super light? or super bike? I ordered mine the other day and got the Standard SS brake line kit.. they will be here today... Just want to make sure I got the right ones... Can anyone explain the difference and what I should have got? I ride pretty much only street, I want to do a track day here and there but its pretty much 100% street. Weekend warrior. not a commuter...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
the difference between the lines is what they're made of and the inner diameter. SS lines are more than enough for street and track for most people. superbike lines are usually made of a kevlar composite and have a much smaller ID. A smaller ID allows for more piston pressure resulting in better braking power and better lever feel without having to really wrench on the brake lever. they aren't recommended for the street because they can be too sensative if you're not paying attention.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the difference between the lines is what they're made of and the inner diameter. SS lines are more than enough for street and track for most people. superbike lines are usually made of a kevlar composite and have a much smaller ID. A smaller ID allows for more piston pressure resulting in better braking power and better lever feel without having to really wrench on the brake lever. they aren't recommended for the street because they can be too sensative if you're not paying attention.
thanks Slider.. your a wealth of knowledge...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
no prob man... glad I could help

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
just to give you guys a hint of how powerful the basic SS lines can be, the rear tire of my bike has lifted a few inches off the ground under super heavy braking at an indicated 160 mph with a stock master cylinder, calipers, and pads. they are more than capable of locking up the front tire at any speed. that is why I say they are more than enough for most riders. racing is a different story though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I nhave superbike lines on the front and standard on the rear. They are powerful period. ONce you get use them it is not big deal at all. I love the lines!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just checked I do not think I have superbike on the front. It's not the standard ones though. They are just heavier then the standard galfer lines. Maybe someone else knows which model they are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the GP lines up front and they are amazing. Best mod ever. Everyone is interested in going faster, but eventually you have to stop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts