Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the bike out and stretched its legs in north GA last weekend. Thought y'all would enjoy some pics.
>

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
217 Posts
too bad that the risers were not there for Labor Day. Did they arrive alright?
Jay

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Jay they arived and are on the bike. I have not gotten a chance to ride it with them yet though. They do feal much better. Thanks again. There was one allen set screw missing but i dont think it does much. I have not had time to make it to the hardware store to replace.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I do not think it does much either, I neglected to mention that. The smaller ones allow for some adjustment to the aluminum posts to clear the spring pre-load adjuster. I think you'll like them. I needed to be farther back. I am short and a bit on the stocky side and I have never had a neck so the reach is a long one. I put the Speigler kit on with tubular handlebars. Huge difference for me.
Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jay,
Did you have to change your throttle cables? If so, what did you use?

Does anyone know if concours cables will work on a zx11?

I want to put that Spiegler kit on my bike to make the reach closer and slightly higher, but I don't know where to get longer throttle and choke cables.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Crash, If my memory is correct. It looks like you were on top of Blood Mtn. Did ya make it to Suches, and get a burger @ T.W.O? Thats one of our traditions when we ride over there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like it was a good time. Got to spend my labor day floating around. But got to go to the Key West bike week. What a blast!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it was. Along with Helen, and top of Richard Russell Pkwy. I come down about twice a month on buissness (paint bikes). I will be down next weekend. We ought to hook up for lunch there. I stay in Cumming, Alpheretta or Gainsville. Depending on who I stay with. My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
217 Posts
JY11, Speigler sends an upper brake line and a choke cable with the kit. I used the Superbike low bars and I am very happy. You do have to re-route the throttle cables to the right side opening in the front of the frame. They send detailed directions along.
Jay

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Jay, do you still have those throttle cables routing instructions? Would it be possible to have them scanned and e-mailed to me? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice pics, old bike, but still awesome

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will take a look, but it was pretty straight forward, simply moving the throttle cables from the left where they are routed around the steering head through the opening in the frame spar to the right side spar opening and up to the bars on the right hand side of the steering head. It actually freed up a lot of room and made the whole cable routing scenario much more sensible.
Hope this helps.
Jay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts