Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i have trouble bleeding my brakes on one side my braided lines are clear and it is the correct banjo bolt and as a result my brakes are scaryly rubbish! :scared also i dont know if this is connected to it but when doing 100mph ish and pull the front brake lever there is a violent rattle on the whole front end :scared i thought this may be my discs but ive had them measured and they are within tolorence.
any ideas and help will be really appriceated
ps sorry i cant spell

·
Registered
116 Posts
sounds like you have old fluid with moisture/air in your lines. Find someone you know who has a vacuum bleeder, get some new fluid and bleed them again. The old fluid won't hold pressure and will cause a pulsation as will air/moisture. A vacuum bleeder is the only way to go imo because using the "pump the handle" method only causes a gazillion tiny bubbles. Using the vacuum pulls the new fluid through with no bubbles or pumping of the handle. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yikes, I wouldn't go riding again until you get this sorted out.

It sounds like you still have air trapped in the line. Depending on when the "rattle" happens. My theory would be you're basically superheating the air trapped in the line which causes the pads to jump into th discs. Causing a nice rattling noise.

Do the brakes get better if you pump the lever a couple of times?

You can use a vacuum bleeder, but I'm a big fan of the old-fashioned pump pump pump, hold, open, close, release - repeat method. It's never failed me in the past.

Double check and make sure that your pads have sufficient material on them, and make sure that the brake fluid is a nice amber color at the darkest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks but....

thanks for the help guys,
i have used my friends vacum compresser to do the brakes...... one side as i said worked fine but even with the compresser the right side wont bleed unless you more or less open the valve fully, and it still has trouble, i have also replaced the pads for new ones.
i understand that it sounds like i have air in the line but its like my right caliper is knackered???

as for the rattle (although id say its more like the bike going "ARGHHHH STOP IT") it either doesnt do it at slow speeds or more probable its not noticeble, and, no, pumping the lever just makes the bike angry and doesnt help. it doesnt do it if you pull them like your rossi (tryin to stoppie to slow down)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fixed the brakes using old method with help worked better than ever except now bike is write off thanks to a car and the hard hard road will see what i can do, see you soon guys :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts