Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of my stock pipes, I'm trying to figure out which one I want. Does any one have a recommendation?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
All depends on how much you want to spend.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Slip on. And look for used, maybe off this forum. Got mine off here for pretty cheap. Easy to throw on too so you don't have to pay someone else an 80/hr labor charge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slip on. And look for used, maybe off this forum. Got mine off here for pretty cheap. Easy to throw on too so you don't have to pay someone else an 80/hr labor charge.
Did you get more power with the slip ons or just noise?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I've heard you gain some, But nothing is noticeable when i ride really. Just better sound and looks, plus you lose a little weight. Power commander and a tune then you might notice a difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've recently installed a tiforce full high mount system, performance wise it is very noticeable, but weight wise it is amazing, stock headers = anchor.
I already had akra slip ons on too, so I'm not factoring in the other 2 boat anchors on each side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
slip ons

i have a very nice set of muzzy slipons. less than 1000 street miles. near new condition. $400 plus ship. they will cost u over $600 new. 803 295 9935 if interested i can send pics. they save over 20 lbs over stock.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
With a slip on, you'll lose some weight and might gain a little power and have a nice tone to it..........

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Stock mufflers weigh a shit-ton. Slipons are much lighter and a full system is even lighter because it only has one muffler. Stock headers don't weigh much more, if any, than aftermarket pipes, other than the stock headers that have a catalyst inside. The weight difference is your biggest performance booster when replacing the stock exhaust with aftermarket pipes. One of the mags did a dyno test of a ZX10R with stock exhaust and then with an $1800 Akropovic titanium system and the new pipe made ZERO extra horsepower. It's usually the other things you do such as a PC and a good map that makes more power than stock.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I agree.When I installed my 2 Bros slipons on my 09 when I first got it it seemed to have more power.What I realize now it was the weight loss and the 16 tooth sprocket , that made the difference.When I got my Alienhead that all changed.On the Bikeland site someone weighed the stock header.It was 10 lbs 8 oz.My whole system weighs 10 lbs.And with Brocks maps it was a rocket.Dynotune and 43 rear sprocket it really flies.
Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts