Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike is a new ZX-12R. I need opinions from owners who have installed fueling and ignition boxes on their bikes. What brand product do you recommend? What performance improvements can I expect? What is the down side of these modifications?

I see Techlusion makes a fueling box, Cobra makes the F1200R fueling box and of course Dynajet makes the Power Commander fueling box and the Dynajet ignition box. Which brand is the best? Which looks the most factory and hooks up the cleanest? Which gives the most bang for the buck?

Also I need opinions on after market exhaust systems and mufflers. I like the quiet sound of the factory system and do not want a loud exhaust system. Is an after market system made that will give me more power with low sound output? Would it be best to go with a complete system or a bolt on muffler? Or is the factory system just fine and should it be left alone?

I am a street rider who likes to go fast in the straights, but I am not much on going super fast in the twisties.

Thank you for your replies in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm installing a Dynojet power commander III usb right now on my 05 zx-6rr. The process is clean and easy, with many maps to download to match your bikes set up.

For pipes, I run a Leo Vince. In the past I've had Muzzy. Most anything will yield better HP and less weight than stock. Also, most manufacturers of aftermarket pipes are noise conscience so having an obnoxious pipe shouldn't be too hard to avoid.

I know I'm not saying much here, but there are hundreds of choices to pick from, stay with a known brand and you really can't go wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts