Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to check the fuel sender wires under the tank but there's a black plastic cap over it. I tried to pry it but stopped before breaking something. I checked in repair manual and there's nothing specific.

How does this plastic cap do come off?

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you figure it out, post it. My gauge worked when I bought my '94D2 but quit a couple months ago. Wires are are hooked up with a good connection but I didn't go any further. Be a winter thing. I just re-fuel every 130 - 150 miles.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I want to check the fuel sender wires under the tank but there's a black plastic cap over it. I tried to pry it but stopped before breaking something. I checked in repair manual and there's nothing specific.

How does this plastic cap do come off?

Claude...it's just a cover. It will come off with just a little persuasion. Just pry carefully

and evenly around the edge. There is nothing attached to it except the drain hose.

If you figure it out, post it. My gauge worked when I bought my '94D2 but quit a couple months ago. Wires are are hooked up with a good connection but I didn't go any further. Be a winter thing. I just re-fuel every 130 - 150 miles.
OldZX11Rider...Odds are that the sending unit is corroded from the water and

alcohol in the fuel. I rebuilt the tank on my '93D (at great expense) two years ago and

replaced EVERYTHING except the tank itself. I was surprised to see the poor

condition of the sending unit and all the rubber gaskets/hoses. Alcohol and water in

the fuel slowly eat them up. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I just broke mine off accidentally. Part is available from Kawi...Not to expensive

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally, my gauge was workin bad simply because the electrical connector (hidden under the plastic cap) was unconnected. Probably happened when the hanging connector catched something when I was moving the tank around last fall. Wish all the fixes are that easy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts