Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and bikes, but am very mechanically incline to handle just about anything.

So my question is i have heard you can delete the fuel pump from a zxr 750L?? If possible how do you do it??

I have a 93 Ninja ZXR 750L with a fuel pump that turns on when it wants to. I called the local dealer and he wants 190 bucks for one. Ouch!!! i ordered it but i would like to know how to do it so i know.

Any info would help.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
well, since you arent planning on putting one back... honestly if you cant figure it out...

You remove the old pump, and run a hose from the tank, through a filter, into the carbs.

But if it is anything like a P model, you need that pump otherwise once the fuel falls below a certain level it wont gravity feed.

You can buy aftermarket pumps, or you can look on ebay for a used one. Life is much easier with that pump in place.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Definately source one from eBay... literally if it looks like the old one it will work, doesn't what bike it came off of.

Some have wired in aftermarket low pressure pumps... Mr Gasket etc. Seems to work well as well and under $50.

Dealer cost is a joke, no need to pay that.

Also, the fuel pump relay is just as much of a problem as the actual pump. Usually moreso.

Josh

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I had my pump go on me this past spring and replaced it with an OEM part without trying to take it apart. After getting the new one, I tore into the old one and discovered that they are so simplistic and easy to rebuild that I now have a spare in case it goes again. There are a lot of parts that Kawasaki says are not serviceable that are (fuel pump, shock) if you want to. I am with Masta on this one, much easier with the pump in place.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why would you want to delete it anyways? If you just think the location of the pump and filter are a pain in the ass (and they are) then you can always relocate them with some zip ties :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
It will run without the pump, But as they^ have said it won't gravity feed once the fuel gets to low.
Also @ full rev it may not pull, Iv ran mine without the pump & it would not pull above 6K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts