Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a problem with my 91 zx11-c it started on sat. i was ridding on a bummmmmmpppppppy road the bike started to cut out like it was running out of gas . turned around and headed home so i could work on it there. didnt make it died halr way up a hill had to push it the rest of the way :banghead (no happy now) had a budy get me home . the bike ran great then for 12 miles died again got it home again . went through the fuel system new fliter, fuel pump relay, got a used fuel pump put it on . put 85 miles on ran good like 145 mph no spitting or loss of power . the next day went to go to work 10 miles down the road ran out of gas again . after work 10 hrs later the bike ran 30 miles no problem . now i dont want to ride and be stuck on the side of the road again . any help ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was told you have to be careful about buying used fuel pumps because they have to be keep wet in order to work right, now I'm not sure as to the how and why but thats just what I was told. My guess is because of any seals that may be in it and the possiblity of them drying out. Good luck on your problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both fuel pumps acted the same way, ill be pulling the fuel tank today drainning it and pulling the sending unit to check it . should i blow compressed air or would it be better to run a block cleaning rod through it ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts