Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i only got about 80 miles on a full tank and the fuel light comes on! is this normal? about how many miles do yall get to a tank on the 10's? i know it won't be as much as the 6's, still curious. don't really want to run out of gas in the middle of no where.

:tard

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't had mine long enough to tell yet. I have noticed that when the light comes on mine, I can only put a tick over two gallons of gas in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can get about 25 miles after the light comes on. Mine holds 3.9 gallons, and the light comes on when there is .5 left.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i could only put about 2.75 gallons in my tank when the like came on. specs say the tank holds 4.2 gallons. i guess the light comes on with 1-1.5 gallons left. i would think that's about 35-40 miles to go until you're screwed.

that kind of sucks, but that's the price you pay for riding the almighty 10.

:banghead

·
Registered
379 Posts
i only got about 80 miles on a full tank and the fuel light comes on! is this normal? about how many miles do yall get to a tank on the 10's? i know it won't be as much as the 6's, still curious. don't really want to run out of gas in the middle of no where.

:tard
Thats not normal. Get that to a dealer and let them check for you

·
Registered
379 Posts
so back to my first question:

how many miles do yall get ona 10 with a full tank of gas?
I get about 260 km on a full tank. I am not sure but i think that some guys here have said they are getting about 120m on a tank before the light comes on. Maybe i am wrong but 80 miles seem to be low.

I guess its also how you ride. Stick it and the fuel bill sticks you. Ride like a person and it will treat you like one

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get about 260 km on a full tank. I am not sure but i think that some guys here have said they are getting about 120m on a tank before the light comes on. Maybe i am wrong but 80 miles seem to be low.

I guess its also how you ride. Stick it and the fuel bill sticks you. Ride like a person and it will treat you like one
yeah, i think it will get about 120 to a tank. the light comes on around 80 (but i may have started the trip meter about 10-15 miles late now that i think about it). i'm just used to an sv650 tank. i could go about 150-160 on a tank. that's what 350cc's and 2 more cyclinders get you though. but i agree with the latter part of your statement. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i could only put about 2.75 gallons in my tank when the like came on. specs say the tank holds 4.2 gallons. i guess the light comes on with 1-1.5 gallons left. i would think that's about 35-40 miles to go until you're screwed.

that kind of sucks, but that's the price you pay for riding the almighty 10.

:banghead
I tested the reserve light and yes its about 50 miles left. I ran out of gas on the highway with my new bike. i was stubborn and did not wanna fill up and cheap stations and tryed to make it to a shell station. lets just say i had a nice long walk that day to Exxon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help. that's better than what i thought. i will make sure and fill up as soon as i see a station once that light comes on. i don't like walking when i have a perfectly good bike to use.

:afro

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 06 I normally get between 110 and 120 miles before the fuel light comes on. I have pushed it about another 30 miles after the light comes on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've realized its how you drive it. Just like a car...if you do a lot of driving with stop signs and street lights then the gas light will come on around or before 80 miles and tap out a little over 100. If you stay on highways with high speeds then you can get around 140 miles to the tank. So keep that in mind when your gas light comes on and you will know how much you can push it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
when the light first comes on it flashes slow. But when it startes flashing really fast, u have ruffly .5 to .3 left

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i get abot 80 when pushing it, about 120 on the interstate(pushing it harder):)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I fill my bike up when the light comes on. It usually takes around 3.5 gallons to fill it and the trip meter says 90 couple miles. It doesn't seem like very good gas mileage and I've never seen the light flash, but OH WELL! It doesn't compare to the fun I have with this bike. I'm glad I bought a ZX10R instead of the R1 I was going to buy...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fill my bike up when the light comes on. It usually takes around 3.5 gallons to fill it and the trip meter says 90 couple miles. It doesn't seem like very good gas mileage and I've never seen the light flash, but OH WELL! It doesn't compare to the fun I have with this bike. I'm glad I bought a ZX10R instead of the R1 I was going to buy...
the zx10 has like 16-20 more hp in the midrange, peak hp is close but the zx10 is much faster in my oppinion

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
update!

i just filled up and my light didn't even start flashing until 120 miles. that is with some 130-140 mph riding involved. i'm satisfied.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts