Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an 11 converted to FI or know anyone that has?

Any info would be nice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only the very rich...it has been discussed on the other forum. It is something that is not easy to do.

IMO, a well-carbureated (sp?) ZX11 would give many more smiles per mile than one attempted to be converted over to FI.

·
Registered
683 Posts
One of the reasons I love my 11 is because it has carbs. I agree with Porky, well tuned carbs are the bomb.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I know I won't be more helpful than above comments but I also would not bother about this. It will be way, way more trouble to set-up this correctly to finally end with only cold-starting as being marginally better (assuming everything else is at least equal to well tuned carbs...).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I suggest you go for it!
I've been considering the EFI swap using zx-10 throttle bodies and a mega squirt controller for the past year. I'm on the edge of putting it together over the winter since I have to pull the motor anyway.
Somehting for everyone to remember....It's not always about making a great machine better. Sometimes it's about actaully doing something new, having fun doing it and gaining the experience along the way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts