Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Continuing last summers project finally. I delt with the bike not moving at all only after the oil warmed up or got hot. Put it in gear& wouldn't do anything. I Cleaned up discs/& replaced, and changed oil. It helped until It got hot again. I just rebuilt the carbs, haven't been able to drive it again to test that.
Issue I'm dealing with now fuel pump isn't getting power. Guy before me had a wire from behind the connector going to the fuel pump had the black/blue wire shaved, directly to the red wire on the fuel pump relay that's the only way its stays running. Engine sounds VERY good

It will run on idle great but if i give it the slightest throttle it will turn off. Is that only because the carbs aren't synched?

Any ideas why bike wont move after oil getting hot, is my theory right about little bit of gas in oil causing it? Would the carb rebuild fix this? or what next?

I tried tracing wires to see where its getting its power from I cant tell if its the cdi box, or the starter relay. My meter dropped & broke so I'm stuck right now with that.

email is [email protected]

·
6,646 Posts
Dude, by that description, I can't tell if you are having issues with the engine, carbs, clutch, wiring, whatever. Hell, I can't figure out if you've even started the engine by all that.

You need to begin with the biggest issue and not smash 20 problems in one paragraph.

What's the biggest issue? Again, one thing at a time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a cluster f. I would say need to figure out why fuel pump only works with jumping it with a wire to get power, and then the carbs adjustment. I'm about to head out in a little bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is its nor going to be some fuel in the oil. Second thing that comes to mind is the stand safety thing. When the stand is down and you try and take off it will do as you describe. Check that it's working properly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First thing that comes to mind is its nor going to be some fuel in the oil. Second thing that comes to mind is the stand safety thing. When the stand is down and you try and take off it will do as you describe. Check that it's working properly
Thanks I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm having problems keeping the fuel pump running on it's own right now. Unraveled all the wires to check for any tears or corrosion only found a cut through the cover but wire was still good. Worked good one day the next day its back to not working like I moved a wire out of place or something. Nothing's visable it's a pain😭

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also as the 9b model isn't injected it doesnt need the pump to work all the time. As long as the bowls are full it'll run a while anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you looked at the stand safety switch? That's exactly what happens when you try and ride off with the stand down. Exactly! All my money's on that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK. I'm not really sure where your up to. Is it not starting now or is it running well until you try and take off or somewhere in between. If it rus fine when the pump is jumped I'd probably leave it jumped and as long as it runs well and move on to the next problem like why it won't move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts