Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the bike today after a few days of sitting, and fuel was dripping from where the header connects to the collector. Any ideas or any thoughts on this one?

Thank you all for you help

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Yeah, my thought is that it isn't fuel. Probably just water, which is normal.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Well, you can light your finger on fire and see if it burns.

Or a piece of paper, whichever is handy.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
It is possible for it to be fuel. The only way it could be fuel though, would be for fuel to be coming out of the petcock and into the float bowl of at least 1 carb. This could be due to a stuck float needle or the petcock just dumping fuel. From there it would have to over fill the carb to the point that fuel was seeping into a cylinder, out of the same cylinder and into the exhaust. This can happen if both intake and exhaust valves are open and the piston has a good ring seal so no fuel is getting into the crankcase.

You might have a fuel smell to your oil, too. Pull the fill cap and check. If you do then fuel is getting in there. This whole scenario doesn't happen often but I have seen it at least once.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If fuel is getting into a cylinder(s). Be careful turning the motor over as this can cause serious damage, like a bent con rod. Never seen it, just what I've been told.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts