Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sons bike after a 83yr old man ran a stop sign. My son is fine, but on crutches and all road rashed. People need to pay attention

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son. I hope is all right. Did he happen to have any ppe? Did any of it help, was it worth the investment? I don't atgatt (sp) just to go do a run around the block so maybe there is something out there for riders like me (meaning easy on easy off)? I try to give the old people a break and make sure they see me and if I'm not sure if they do see me I do not assume they do. Just like your son I'am lucky to be hear today.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im pretty old myself, 62, this story reminds me of when I was 15 and my dad was teaching me how to drive and taught me his theory about how you can be right, but be "dead right". Yep, you can do everything right and still be dead, thus "dead right".

I never assume anyone is going to stop or not turn in front of me. Every time I approach an intersection being "dead right" crosses my mind.

Hope your son gets better soon.

KW

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Wow glad your son is okay considering that crash. I told my wife when I reach that age to please smack me in the face if I ever reach for the keys to drive anywhere. :grin2:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im pretty old myself, 62, this story reminds me of when I was 15 and my dad was teaching me how to drive and taught me his theory about how you can be right, but be "dead right". Yep, you can do everything right and still be dead, thus "dead right".

I never assume anyone is going to stop or not turn in front of me. Every time I approach an intersection being "dead right" crosses my mind.

Hope your son gets better soon.

KW
Very well said. Thank you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the well wishes. He had his riding sneakers(dealership item solid ankles) his helmet and riding gloves. Was not wearing his new $500 Christmas jacket. Would have just the hip problem if he wore the jacket. Young kids getting there license loose their license for the first ticket in MA while being a junior operator. I feel older people should have to pass safety checks to make sure they still have the ability to operate safely. This accident occurred incurred about 2 football fields from his house and the drivers house. Unreal. Going to surprise my son and take a look at this

Attachments

·
Administrator
58,489 Posts
Glad your son is ok.
That's cool that you're looking at another bike for him.
Sux that an old person blew a red light but it could have been a soccer mom on the phone or a drunk or some high tweeker
I try to pay attention for everyone out there since they might not be doing it for me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thank you for the well wishes. He had his riding sneakers(dealership item solid ankles) his helmet and riding gloves. Was not wearing his new $500 Christmas jacket. Would have just the hip problem if he wore the jacket. Young kids getting there license loose their license for the first ticket in MA while being a junior operator. I feel older people should have to pass safety checks to make sure they still have the ability to operate safely. This accident occurred incurred about 2 football fields from his house and the drivers house. Unreal. Going to surprise my son and take a look at this
Wow, they don't mess around there in MA! Nice find, and an awesome surprise . Dad of the year for sure! :dblthumb2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at bikes now, might have to bump over to the 10 or 12r section. I’m buying back the 96zx9r from insurance. Have a clean titled polished frame and swing arm available to me cheap. Swapping all the shit over should be interesting. Get ready for some stupid questions I’m sure. I can’t let her go, she wasn’t even tuned yet. Had the jet kit installed, but it needing some tweaking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts